Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Citrusdal Pictures

The first picture is of my roommate and I playing a game with kids in the squatter's camp we worked in each day. It was basically dodgeball, only we always threw and the kids always dodge. What a great game for the thrower! The second picture is from the day we served hot dogs and candy to the kids, the picture doesn't show it, but it was quite a mob when I pulled the candy out of my car. I thought the littlest kids would be trampled.
The last picture is one of the interns presenting a skit to the kids at school. It is a skit relates soccer to our need to have God in our lives to live as He intended us to, to fulfill the purpose for which He created us.




2 comments:

  1. How exciting that you could plant some seeds of hope and love in Citrusdal... I will be praying for the workers and the 'harvest'... thanks for writing - I can just picture you placing little pieces of candy in tiny hands. Love Always,

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I just read a really appropriate quote from Albert Einstein - "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." - I think that Einstein fella was pretty smart ;-)

    ReplyDelete